My sister asked me to make a book for her, so along with the piece for her auction (see my last post), I made her a blank book. She asked for a case-bound style, so I made another sewn end paper book à la Kathy Steinsberger. Like the last ones I wrote about, everything went beautifully until the last step -- gluing the text block into the case. The first time I did it, I glued the the block in upside down. Ooof. Great destruction trying to undo it. I was able to salvage some things but had to re-do others and, except for sewing the text block, I had to reassemble from scratch. I'm thinking I won't make that mistake again soon. The second effort came out better, if not perfect. The end papers are my own paste paper. I also rolled my own head bands.
A Book for Cathy
Leave a Reply.
After retiring from 36 years as a public school educator, I am practicing book arts.